Looking in the Bible, by James Gilmore

Guest Bloggers
Saturday October 22, 2016

christian life

Jesus encouraged looking. “Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest,” he tells his disciples while they are busy obsessing about food. (John 4:35b) The same admonition is surely warranted today. We’ve not only become a culture obsessed with food, but our eyes are increasingly lowered to some screen, with the digital realm our only field of vision.

Assurance (In 90 Seconds) video thumbnail

Assurance (In 90 Seconds)

Ryan Reeves
Thursday October 20, 2016

bible teaching doctrines of grace salvation

How do we know our sins are forgiven? How can we have confidence that we really are children of God? You need the doctrine of assurance! Got 90 seconds? Check out this short video from Dr. Ryan Reeves, Assistant Professor of Historical Theology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.

Key Life Pastors’ Chat - Surviving Ministry

Key Life
Thursday October 20, 2016

church leadership pastors pastors' chat

In our series, Politics in the Church, we’ve seen that church is often not a safe place for pastors. Stepping into the role of church leader can be like stepping into a hurricane. One of the most dangerous things for a pastor is to be naive about that. Join Steve as he talks with Michael Osborne about his new book, ‘Surviving Ministry: How to Weather the Storms of Church Leadership.’

Steve’s Devotional - How to Believe

Steve Brown
Monday October 17, 2016

steve's devotional

If you are a skeptic or have ever been one, then, chances are, you have had the experience of going to a Christian, asking about his or her faith, only to receive a “You just believe, that’s all” in response. I don’t know about you, but I remember feeling frustrated by that. I already know the problem. What I need is a solution.

Look - Jim Gilmore video thumbnail

Look - Jim Gilmore

Key Life
Monday October 17, 2016

christian life

Changing the way you see the world can change everything. But how? How can we overcome biases we don’t even know we have and gain new perspective? For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, let them join Jim Gilmore on SBE for an enlightening discussion of his new book, ‘Look: A Practical Guide for Improving Your Observational Skills’.

When I Hate Change video thumbnail

When I Hate Change

Key Life
Friday October 14, 2016

steve's sermons

It’s been said that the only constant in life is change. The ever-present constants of loss and death, along with the rapid pace of social change these days, can leave us feeling like the world is spinning out of control. What can we do when change gets overwhelming? Join Steve as he teaches from Joshua 1:1-9 to find out.