Stupid Things People Say to Singles
FEBRUARY 11, 2020
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, I’m listing some of the stupid things said to or by my friends about being single.
(If you have a worse one to add, go to our Facebook page here…)
1. There’s sin in your life that God wants you to work through first. Once you work it out, he’ll bring you a spouse.
2. You’re too picky. You should probably lower your standards. You’re only interested in men/women who are above your level. You need to be more realistic about who you are and what kind of guy/woman you can expect to be interested in you.
3. You aren’t confident enough. If you liked you, guys/women would like you, too.
4. Guys are intimidated by you. The more you accomplish, the less guys will want to ask you out.
5. Why are you still single? Don’t you go to a huge church with lots of singles?
6. Just stop thinking about it, then it will happen.
7. God probably has you single for you to learn something. What is He trying to teach you?
8. Maybe there’s sin that you need to deal with and He’s preventing you from inviting someone else into your sin.
9. When you’re fully content in Him, then He will bring you a spouse.
10. Maybe you’re not praying enough for a spouse.
11. Put yourself out there.
12. If you just lost 20 pounds a guy would be able to see how wonderful you truly are.
13. God is trying to teach you something in this season. Once you learn it, he’ll bring you a spouse.
14. Don’t worry, I’m sure you’re next!
15. I have a friend who was 35 when she got married, there’s still hope for you too.
16. God betroths those who betroth themselves.
17. When you’re fully satisfied in God, then he’ll bring you a spouse.
18. You get to be married to Jesus. Just think of him as your husband.
19. Jesus and Paul were single on Valentine’s Day, so you’re in good company.
20. I know you feel lonely and broken hearted, but Jesus literally had a broken heart, when they pierced it for your sins.
21. Loneliness is God’s way of drawing you to himself.
22. She’s out there, man. Just have more faith.
23. Your gift on Valentine’s Day is singleness.
24. You might be single, but there are other people who probably wish they were single.
25. Go watch Bridget Jones Diary and feel sorry for yourself.
26. I can’t remember the last time I was single on Valentine’s Day.
27. God works together all things for those who love him, even those who aren’t loved by anyone… especially on Valentine’s Day.
28. Maybe you’re gay.
29. Maybe God’s protecting you from STDs.
30. At least you’re not getting a girl pregnant.
31. I am praying for a husband for you, by the way, so I hope you’re still into that.
32. You have to love yourself before someone else can love you.
33. Dance with God and he’ll let the perfect man cut in.
34. I think you’ll get married and have a family someday. But God might choose to keep you for Himself. If that’s the case, may you move mountains with your faith and change thousands of lives for His glory….I just don’t want you to feel broken or homely while doing so.
35. Let’s be honest, if you are over 25 and still single God hates you.
36. You don’t need to date. You need to trust God to bring the right person to you. After all, Adam was asleep when God made Eve.
37. Being married isn’t that great or very different.
38. I wish I were still single. You have no idea what you think you want.
39. At least you can buy shoes!
40. Maybe you have the gift of singleness.
41. You say you want to get married, but maybe there is something in your subconscious that really wants to stay single.
42. Don’t you want to be married?